About Broadband Today Alliance
The Broadband Today Alliance (BTA) is a collaborative alliance of local government, RDA and Regional Organisations of Councils’ (ROCs) built on the premise of sharing information and advocating for the resources to assist the localised transition to a digital economy. Over 120 local governments are members with over 8 million Australians represented across all states and Territories. For a full list of Members and Affiliates click here...
The BTA is an officer level organisation and, in its current form, has been in existence for over two years and prior to that for a further 2 years as the South East Queensland Broadband and Digital Economy Working Group aligned under the Council of Mayors SEQ. In response to interest from other local governments and regional organisations such as RDA’s, the group has grown to become a national organisation with members from all states and territories.
The current BTA Executive Officers and Committee Members are:
- President, Michael Whereat (Sunshine Coast Council)
- Vice President & Secretary Matthew Schultz (Ipswich City Council)
- Treasurer & Cloud and Business Advisor Tony Chadwick (Director Rype and former Chair of Economic Development Australia, Qld Chapter)
- Committee Member - Troy Green (Tweed City Council)
- Committee Member - Stephen Griffin (City of Greater Geelong)
- Committee Member - Peter Francis (Bass Coast Council)
Our membership and affiliate base is growing and with it we are expanding the range of ways we are able to support you.
In return for your membership we are now delivering;
- • 6 seminars and dedicated conference attendance(remotely) per year for unlimited staff in your organisation
- • Access to network of proactive people managing the same challenges as you are
- • Easy access to experienced senior council, government and industry representatives
- • Secure access to all previous presentations, current reports etc.
- • Access to the BTA online meeting facilities to test and experience remote collaboration
- • Access to BTA Survey Monkey account and established and tested survey tools that can be tailored to your local needs
- • Participation in the Broadband Today website and associated regular updates – www.broadbandtoday.com.au
- • Option to access dedicated localised content as per the www.broadbandtoday.com.au/sunshinecoast sub web site
- • Access to the www.getuptospeed.com.au program (for QLD based businesses)
- • BTA have negotiated with The Creative Collective to provide the www.getuptospeed.com.au (GUTS) program across all Australia and New Zealand
- • recruiting part time volunteers to help with the guidance and administration of the BTA in 2013.
- • actively seeking sponsor partners to deliver existing and expanded services.
For a full list of Members and Affiliates go to the Members tab or click here..