What is the Broadband Today Alliance?
Watch our new Video or go here.. for more detail.
Get Up To Speed Intake 4
Find out more
NEW STUDY QUANTIFIES THE IMPACT OF BROADBAND SPEED ON GDP
A new report, conducted jointly by Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Arthur D. Little and Chalmers University of Technology in 33 OECD countries, quantifies the isolated impact of broadband speed, showing that doubling the broadband speed for an economy increases GDP by 0.3%. read more..
Join Broadband Today! Memberships being offered for 2014-2015
Come and join our growing community. We are currently offering organisational, affiliate and individual memberships with Broadband Today for the 2014-15 financial year. Thanks to the help and expertise of our members, we have significantly reduced our membership fees to ensure ALL Local Governments, RDA/ROC’s, Affiliates and Individuals, benefit from Broadband Today Affiliation. Join now!
Report - Smartphones & Tablet uptake in Aust.
The growth in smartphone usage has given rise to significant growth in mobile phone internet access and data usage. In comparison to other mobile phone users, smartphone users are:
* nine times more likely to go on-line via their handsets * four times more likely to purchase goods on-line * three times more likely to stream or download audio or video content * three times more likely to .... more...
A Day Made of GlassWatch "A Day Made of Glass" and take a look at Corning's vision for the future with specialty glass at the heart of it.
National Smart Communities Conference 2014
The BTA National Seminar was held as part of the National Smart Communities Conference in Melbourne on June 4 & 5 2014. Presentations are available for viewing by our members in the Members Area, including Masterclass - Creating a Smart Community and Broadband State of Play presentation facilitated by Broadband Today Alliance. Click here more information
Welcome to Broadband Today
Welcome to Broadband Today. Here you can find how to access and use Broadband in your business, community or residence…today. This site includes material on the National Broadband Network (NBN) the Digital (broadband) economy in a format that suits you and your business or your community. ...Read More
|What Makes a Smart Community?
The Broadband Today Alliance has released a White Paper - What Makes a Smart Community to emphasize how Smart Communities are cities and regions that use information and communications technology (ICT) to enhance and diversify, solve social and infrastructure problems, support growth and enrich lives in the 21st Century.
BTA Whitepaper: What makes a Smart Community?
BTA Whitepaper Media Release : Media Release - What is a Smart Community?
• LGAQ (Tracy Haynes) lgaq.asn.au/
• RDA Moreton Bay (Andrew Quain) www.rdamoretonbay.org.au
• Coffs Harbour City Council (Barry Davis) www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au
• South Burnett Regional Council (Lynelle Paterson) www.southburnett.qld.gov.au
• BigAir Group Limited (Jean Morel) www.bigair.com.au/
• Southern Grampians Shire Council (Hugh Koch) www.sthgrampians.vic.gov.au/
• Bundaberg Regional Council (Cameron Bisley) www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/
• RDA Peel (John Lambrecht) www.rdapeel.org.au/
• Horsham Rural City Council (Peter Brown) www.hrcc.vic.gov.au/
• Bass Coast Shire Council (Peter Francis) www.basscoast.vic.gov.au
• Lismore City Council (Mark Batton) www.lismore.nsw.gov.au
• Sunshine Coast Council (Jenny Chua) www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/
• City of Whittlesea (Brad Wynter) www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au/
• RDA Logan and Redlands (Mariae Leckie) www.rdaloganandredlands.org.au/
• RDA Northern Rivers (Kimmaree Thompson) rdanorthernrivers.org.au/
• East Gippsland Shire Council (Stephen Klienitz) www.eastgippsland.vic.gov.au
• Australian Information Industry Association (Suzanne Campbell) www.aiia.com.au
• Queensland University of Technology (Lucy Cradduck) www.qut.edu.au
Melbourne, Australia and Online.
Included the following presentations:
* Masterclass: Creating a Smart Community. Masterclass Facilitator: Broadband Today Alliance. This four hour Master Class explored in detail the key technology enablers in which Smart Communities are working to transform and diversify their local economies.
* Broadband State of Play - Co-presenters: Michael Whereat & Matthew Schultz, Broadband Today Alliance (BTA). This presentation examined the NBN roll-out current state of play (post Strategic Review) as well as alternatives to the NBN including 4G and WiFi.
April 9th 2014, 12pm – BTA National Seminar - Mobile Coverage. Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia and Online.
Included the following presentations:
* Mobile Coverage Programme - Phil Smurthwaite - Department of Communities
* Independent Broadband Testing Project -Cameron Bisley, Peta Jamieson - WBB ROC
* NBN Co-Development Program - Ben McCarthy & Serkan Aktas - NBN Co
Become a member to join our Online Meeting Environment for bi-monthly Seminars and view past presentations BTA Membership
The Sunshine Coast Council have developed a sub site designed for business and community members to access detailed broadband and digital economy information. With over 1500 unique visitors per month the competitive collaboration project is achieving strong recognition locally and helping their investment attraction program. See for yourself - www.broadbandtoday.com.au/sunshine-coast
What cloud services do we use? Google Apps for Business - for our email, documents and secure pages
BTA EVENTSNo events found.
TCC EVENTSClick here