What is the Broadband Today Alliance?
Watch our new Video or go here.. for more detail.
Get Up To Speed Intake 4
Find out more
NEW STUDY QUANTIFIES THE IMPACT OF BROADBAND SPEED ON GDP
A new report, conducted jointly by Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Arthur D. Little and Chalmers University of Technology in 33 OECD countries, quantifies the isolated impact of broadband speed, showing that doubling the broadband speed for an economy increases GDP by 0.3%. read more..
High-speed, fixed-wireless broadband planned for Northern RiversNBN Co, has begun outlining plans to provide some smaller communities and rural residents in parts of the Northern Rivers with facilities dedicated to delivering high-speed, fixed-wireless broadband services.
Report - Smartphones & Tablet uptake in Aust.
The growth in smartphone usage has given rise to significant growth in mobile phone internet access and data usage. In comparison to other mobile phone users, smartphone users are:
* nine times more likely to go on-line via their handsets * four times more likely to purchase goods on-line * three times more likely to stream or download audio or video content * three times more likely to .... more...
A Day Made of GlassWatch "A Day Made of Glass" and take a look at Corning's vision for the future with specialty glass at the heart of it.
More NBN jobs for Queensland as Roma chosen for satellite ground station
Senator Stephen Conroy, and Labor Senator for Queensland, John Hogg, today announced that Roma in Queensland will be one of the ten towns across Australia that will host a National Broadband Network (NBN) satellite ground station. More...
Welcome to Broadband Today
Welcome to Broadband Today. Here you can find how to access and use Broadband in your business, community or residence…today. This site includes material on the National Broadband Network (NBN) the Digital (broadband) economy in a format that suits you and your business or your community. ...Read More
Click here to view the BTA Whitepaper: What makes a Smart Community?
• Wanganui District Council (Marianne Archibald), www.wanganui.govt.nz
• Rural City of Murray Bridge (Mark Gillepsie), www.murraybridge.sa.gov.au
• Gosford City Council (David Henderson), www.gosford.nsw.gov.au
• RDA Murraylands & Riverland (Nicolle Jachmann), www.rdamr.org.au
April 9th 2014, 12pm – BTA National Seminar - Mobile Coverage. Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia and Online.
Included the following presentations:
* Mobile Coverage Programme - Phil Smurthwaite - Department of Communities
* Independent Broadband Testing Project -Cameron Bisley, Peta Jamieson - WBB ROC
* NBN Co-Development Program - Ben McCarthy & Serkan Aktas - NBN Co
Become a member to join our Online Meeting Environment for bi-monthly Seminars http://www.broadbandtoday.com.au/become-a-member
The Sunshine Coast Council have developed a sub site designed for business and community members to access detailed broadband and digital economy information. With over 1500 unique visitors per month the competitive collaboration project is achieving strong recognition locally and helping their investment attraction program. See for yourself - www.broadbandtoday.com.au/sunshine-coast
What cloud services do we use? Basecamp - Project management, administration, collaboration, information distribution
TCC EVENTSClick here